1) A little bit about you?
I am a French-born social media journalist, coach, blogger, content curator, and author living in Canada. I help solo-entrepreneurs and small businesses rethink social media relationships.
2) What is your main Social Media use?
Social media is a major part of my professional life.
I use it to:
- Monitor trends and news
- Keep an eye on mentions and discussions around my name and blogs
- Connect with my audience
- Share my and other people’s content
3) What is your main marketing goal through Social Media?
My goal is not only to raise awareness of my personal brand, but also to help my followers make better-informed decisions as entrepreneurs, consumers, and human beings.
4) How often do you share content on social media?
Every day. However, I am a strong proponent of manual sharing, so I adapt my message to each social network that I use. For example:
- On Facebook, I usually just add my two cents to encourage readers to click links.
- I use Google+ like a curation platform. I take the time to introduce the content, share my thoughts, mention authors, and add some hashtags.
- Twitter is more limited. With 140 characters, you have to make everything count. I just focus on titles, links, handles, and one or two hashtags.
5) How do you choose content for your followers?
Based on what I know about them. When you are aware of what your audience needs, it is quite easy to cherry-pick the content and present it in a way that makes sense to them.
6) Who/What is influencing you when you choose content?
No matter what I do, my audience is always the first thing I think about. I more or less know the questions that they have.
Whenever I choose to share a piece, I rarely take its format (video, article, slides…) into consideration. What matters to me is if it is informative, thought-provoking, and of course, relevant.
7) What is your favorite social network to engage with your audience?
Definitely Google+. Twitter is a very close second. I love how interactive these two platforms are. It is so easy to keep in touch with people there!
8) What is the most unexpected thing that happened to you with Social Media / Your greatest achievement from Social Media?
- I remain blown away by the exposure I have been getting since I started using social media to promote myself and help others.
You can find Cendrine on Twitter, as well as on her site - http://www.cendrinemarrouat.com/ where you can find her writings, services, books and more!